Trademark means a mark capable of being graphically represented and which distinguishes the goods or services of one person from those of others and may include a word, phrase, symbol or design, or combination of words, phrases, symbols or designs.
In simple terms as a name distinguishes one person from another, the sameway trademark distinguishes one brand from another. Trademark is the identity of the owner attached to the product or service helping the consumer to be assured of the quality of the product.
Eg: Any product sold under the brand name TATA, connects that product to one of the most respected business house in india, i.e. TATA Group of Companies.
Any word, title, symbol, heading, label, name, signature, numeral or any combination thereof
Any slogan, Base or Punch Line etc. which are used to market a product
Who can apply for trademark?
The trademark can b applied by anyone who uses or proposes to use a brand name, logo or punch line for commercial purpose. The Trademark owner can be an individual, business organisation, charitable trust, NGO or Government agency.
Why to register trademark?
There are several advantages of applying for trademark registration in India.
- Protects your hard earned goodwill in the business.
- Get an exclusive right to the use of trademark in relation to the goods or services.
- Give status of “Branded Goods” and enables easy marketing and promotion.
- Gives you the powers to assign/transfer/license the trademark to others for royalty.
- Helps to get legal relief and damages for infringement/misuse of the trademark.
StartUp Movers provide the facility of Trademark Registration with all the necessary compliances, documentation within reasonable time.